Suggested start-date: January 2016
Suggested duration: 6 months
Please find the NTW’s internship offer
– Interest in nuclear affairs;
– Master’s degree or current master student in Political Science, Social Science, European Affairs, – Law, Communications, natural science or other related field;
– Excellent English (oral and written); Other language skills are an asset (in particular French);
– Strong administrative, communication, writing, proofreading and organizational skills;
– Ability to work independently; Be a proactive, problem solver and team player person.
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PUBLIC AFFAIRS: Increasing NTW visibility within the European context; Monitoring and providing analysis of EU nuclear agenda, policies and legislation and all activities of European nuclear lobbies (industry).
COMMUNICATION: Promoting our work and events; emailing and correspondence with contacts and partners; Updating NTW website; Managing social media; Preparing press statements; Creating quarterly newsletters.
ORGANISATION: Taking part in meetings and taking minutes; Organising meetings in Brussels for NTW (General Assembly, MB, WGs, special events or workshops) and events in interaction with EU institutions (EP, EC, etc.); Preparing proposals and applications for funding; Assisting with updating the database and other tasks when necessary.
WHAT WE OFFER
A six-month internship at NTW Brussels office (Trone Area).
The intern will start ideally in January 2016 for a part-time internship (4/5).
The internship is remunerated. The amount depends on the situation of the applicant:
– The intern is a recent graduate who is seeking a first work experience.
– The intern is a current student and can deliver a memorandum of agreement (convention de stage) to be established between NTW and the intern’s university.
The intern needs to bring his/her own laptop with Microsoft office programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
The intern needs to live in Brussels and have a European Nationality or working permit in Benelux.
The intern will be placed under the responsibility of the Head of Operations of NTW based in Brussels. He/she may also have occasional links with other NTW members: the Chair, Management Board, working group leaders of NTW.
This internship is a nice opportunity to have a first work experience:
– You will enhance your knowledge on Nuclear issues;
– You can play a key role in a growing association located in Brussels and help bolster its reputation in the context of EU Institutions and nuclear lobbies;
– You will get exposure as key player in European public policy;
– You will be part of a dynamic and international team;
– You will attend to events and conference of EU Institutions, NGOs and Social Platforms.
Applicants should send a CV and Covering Letter to Head of Operations, Marie-Alix Verhoeven by 20 November at latest: email@example.com
Please download the NTW’s internship offer