“Addressing the requirements on public information in EP&R from BSS Directive (Articles 70 and 71)”
1st December 2016 in Luxembourg
Seminar co-organised by the European Commission and NTW
EU Member States are required to transpose into national law the 2013 Basic Safety Standards Directive by February 2018. The 1st December seminar will be dedicated to the topic of public information (Articles 70 and 71 of the BSS Directive (2013/59/Euratom) and Article 8 of the amended nuclear safety Directive (2014/87/Euratom)) on how to ensure good and effective information to the members of public in the preparatory phase and during the emergency phase (Emergency Preparedness and Response – EP&R). This seminar will bring the potential contribution of the Civil Society to ensure an effective and qualitative transposition of the BSS Directive in view of EP&R provisions, and will give recommendations on how to engage civil society in this process.
The Council of the European Union has requested the Commission to organize workshops to facilitate more consistent transposition and implementation of the BSS Directive. A year after the BSS workshop « More effective EP&R arrangements », this event will be an opportunity to share civil society’s experiences and concrete findings in order to support policy makers and regulators in the process of implementing the directive.
Based on civil society’s experiences and findings and taking account of regulators’ views, the aim of the seminar is to putting forward possible concrete solutions and to highlight examples of good practice that are being used today within and outside the EU.
 RiskAudit/EC, BSS Topical Workshop, 3 December 2015, Brussels
– Vincent COVELLO, Director of the Center for Risk Communication, USA
Screening of a video presentation “Emergency communication in USA”
– Ioanna METAXOPOULOU, Head of Unit D2 – DG ENER, European Commission
– Bharat PATEL, Unit D3 – DG ENER, European Commission
– Nadja ZELEZNIK, Chair of Nuclear Transparency Watch
– Jan Ole Voß , laywer à Becker Büttner Held, Brussels – Europe
– Jean-Claude DELALONDE, chairman of ANCCLI,France
– Jean-Luc LACHAUME, French Nuclear Safety Authority (ASN), France
– Pr. Gilbert EGGERMONT, the Belgian Health Council, Belgium
– Albena SIMEONOVA, Foundation for Environment and Agriculture (FEA), Bulgaria
– Dr. Matthias ZÄHRINGER, Federal Office for Radiation Protection, Germany
–Tatiana DURANOVA, VUJE, Slovakia
– Marie-Lène GAAB, ACRO, France,
THE FULL PROGRAM: